Home Uncategorized China, Russia and Iran ‘are fuelling wild conspiracy theories and disinformation about...

China, Russia and Iran ‘are fuelling wild conspiracy theories and disinformation about Kate to destabilise Britain’

7
0


Senior Government figures fear China, Russia and Iran ‘are fuelling wild conspiracy theories and disinformation about Kate to destablilise Britain’.

There is growing concern in Whitehall that hostile states could be involved in fuelling wild conspiracy theories and rumours regarding the Princess of Wales’ health.

It comes after Kate Middleton announced on Friday that she was having preventative chemotherapy treatment for cancer.

Following the announcement, Prime Minister Rishi Sunak condemned online social media trolls for targeting the Princess in recent weeks.

But despite his intervention, it did not seem to deter people from commenting.

Within minutes of Kate’s announcement, trolls began spreading bizarre posts that her video was AI-generated while others criticised her for not going public sooner. 

Paddy Harverson, the former official spokesman of Kate and the Prince of Wales, said the online targeting of Kate (pictured) was the worst he had witnessed

Paddy Harverson, the former official spokesman of Kate and the Prince of Wales, said the online targeting of Kate (pictured) was the worst he had witnessed

The uploads saw trolls doctor Kate’s emotional message with the faces of Princess Diana or the Duchess of Sussex to prove how easily a deep fake could be created. 

The Prince of Wales has also been targeted by trolls questioning why he did not sit beside his wife as she filmed the video.

On Sunday, it was revealed by The Telegraph that government figures believed hostile states could be involved in spreading disinformation.

They told the newspaper: Part of the modus operandi of hostile states is to destablilise things — whether that is undermining the legitimacy of our elections or other institutions.’

It comes as Downing Street is preparing to officially blame China as responsible for a 2021 cyber attack on the electoral commission.

Deputy Prime Minister Oliver Dowden will tell MPs today that the superpower was behind the attack which saw hackers gain access to personal details of 40 million British electors.

Mr Dowden will also warn that Chinese hackers have targeted dozens of British politicians.

The princess had been 'revictimised' for not sharing her private medical information immediately and was now being subjected to 'mafia style tactics,' according to critics

The princess had been ‘revictimised’ for not sharing her private medical information immediately and was now being subjected to ‘mafia style tactics,’ according to critics

Within minutes of Kate's announcement, trolls began spreading bizarre posts that her video was AI-generated while others criticised her for not going public sooner

Within minutes of Kate’s announcement, trolls began spreading bizarre posts that her video was AI-generated while others criticised her for not going public sooner

Christopher Bouzy – an avid supporter of Harry and Meghan – went on a rant to his 350,000 followers on X.

The tech chief executive, bizarrely claimed Kate’s diagnosis meant that recent pictures were fake and accused the palace of ‘North Korea’ style propaganda.

‘I am sorry to hear Kate has cancer, I hope she has a full recovery. But it is also clear that all three earlier photos of her were fake, and the palace tried to cover it up,’ he wrote.

Mr Bouzy, who appeared on the Sussexes’ Netflix show, was apparently referencing Kate’s Mother’s Day photo, a video of her shopping in Windsor and an image of her being driven in a car.

The 48-year-old added: ‘The palace lied, and the British Press happily helped them lie. The countless ‘conspiracy theory’ headlines, while knowing a lot of what was being said was true. This is really some North Korea/Trumpian type of propaganda.’

He was among conspiracy theorists who spread a CNN clip, which has now been viewed millions of times, in which a doctor claimed that Kate’s statement did not make ‘medical sense’.

Christopher Bouzy (pictured in the Harry & Meghan Netflix documentary) bizarrely claimed Kate's diagnosis meant that recent pictures were fake and accused the palace of 'North Korea' style propaganda

Christopher Bouzy (pictured in the Harry & Meghan Netflix documentary) bizarrely claimed Kate’s diagnosis meant that recent pictures were fake and accused the palace of ‘North Korea’ style propaganda

Dr Jonathan Reiner claimed that Kate's statement did not make 'medical sense'

Dr Jonathan Reiner claimed that Kate’s statement did not make ‘medical sense’

Asked how cancer could be found after surgery, Jonathan Reiner said: ‘With all respect to the Royal Family, that kind of press release doesn’t make a lot of medical sense.’

The professor of medicine at George Washington University said such operations are preceded by extensive CAT scans and MRIs, adding it was ‘very likely’ the surgical team knew of the cancer prior to operating.

Several red-faced celebrities and commentators including Blake Lively and Kerry Katona have apologised for their careless comments about Kate. Others have face faced pressure to follow suit including Kim Kardashian, who previously uploaded a picture of herself next to her car with the caption ‘on my way to go find Kate’.

Paddy Harverson, the former official spokesman of Kate and the Prince of Wales, said the online targeting of her was the worst he had witnessed. ‘It’s a sort of permanent doom loop. And it’s the worst I’ve ever seen,’ he told BBC’s Sunday With Laura Kuenssberg.

Imran Ahmed, an expert in countering online extremism, said that platforms were guilty of promoting the conspiracy theories to keep audiences hooked in order to sell ads.

The head of the Centre for Countering Digital Hate said: ‘There is an algorithmic acceleration of conspiracy theories, hate and disinformation over accurate information and calls for support because that’s what keeps the audience captive.’

Harry and Meghan are believed to have made contact with William and Kate ‘privately’ on Friday night following the princess’s video.

It is not clear if the contact was a phone, video call or some messages of support – while the possibility of whether Harry will fly back to the UK is unknown.

It was also claimed in the United States that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex only learned about Kate’s condition at the same time the world heard the news.



Source link

Previous articleHero Dubai Desert Classic: Players to Watch
Next articleThe Hardest Stunt To Pull Off In Avengers: Age Of Ultron

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here